Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Style Design Tape

Thanks to the great deals icewarehouse.com ran for Black Friday, I picked up a few items. Mostly it was just some extra pucks, a wood stick for outdoor roller, and some tape. Tape is one thing you really tend to blow through since it gets scuffed up regularly.

I always am a bit stylin' with my two-tone tape jobs, but this time I went all out and bought some kick-ass new tape they had in stock. That's right, skull & bones! True, it's not quite as stylin' as the guy who shows up to the rink in Coach loafers, but it's the best I've got going for me.

Now in order to keep the design obvious, putting this tape on requires a slightly special method when putting it on the stick. Rather than just wrapping around, which is actually what I did for the first part, you need to individually tape on strips. You can see I applied a strip from the top of the blade while aligning the design, and wrapped it around the bottom. Very important that you wrap around the bottom, since that's what is touching the ground and will get the most wear.



As you can see this leaves a lot of excess. But similar to taping the rounded end of the blade, you simply cut it with a scissor. Here's the sweet finished product when all is said and done.



Now there's only one thing left. That's to show up with this flask to the rink with my water instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment